Green Lake C.C. – Green Lake
Green Lake pickup is on hiatus until April in order to repair the gym floors. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The hottest new pickup game in the city is the Wednesday night open gym at Green Lake Community Center. The game attracts crowds of regulars and guests of all skill levels. It’s the only foam pickup dodgeball game in town and is a fantastic way to work on your game and meet great people.
Green Lake Community Center
7201 East Green Lake Dr N
Seattle, WA 98115
Phone: (206) 684-0780
Wednesdays 6:30-7:30pm and 7:45-8:45pm
Online Registration Required
How to Register
In order to play, Seattle community centers request that you create a Seattle Parks and Recreation account so that an ID card will be issued to you.
- All participants must wear a mask while in the building (and during play)
- Proof of vaccination status will be checked at the front door.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- No back to back sign-ups, e.g. you can only play in one session per night.
To sign up for pickup
- Head to http://www.seattle.gov/parks/
- Sign in or create a profile
- Go to “Sign Up for Classes, Activities & More“, then “Activities“
- Search for “dodgeball” and sign up for “Green Lake Drop-in Dodgeball”
Participants are split into four teams at the beginning of the night. The playing court is the width of a basketball court with a neutral zone that is ten feet wide. Out of bounds are rarely enforced and there is an emphasis placed on dodging and catching. For the last 30 minutes of each night the two courts merge into one giant court, the full basketball court. Alternate rules are used to create a playful way to end the night. All games are played with 8.25″ Rhino Skin foam dodgeballs. Note: there is also loud music.